Keep Alpine Beautiful
Do you or your neighbor have a yard you would like to show off?
We need your help to find the best yard to recognize!
Nominate a yard for Yard of the Month! Every month from May-September, The Code Compliance Department honors one business and one residence who take pride in their yards and landscaping. Winners receive a sign to place in their yard and will be featured on the Keep Alpine Beautiful page.
Two Grand prize winners will be selected in September to receive $100.00 dollar Gift Cards.
- Nominations are accepted up to the 15th of each month.
- To complete your nomination, a photo of the yard must be submitted by the deadline to Tony Kettani ( email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Each nomination received after the 15th is put on the list for next month’s YOM.
- Votes are accepted until the last day (15th-30th or 31st) of the month for current competitions.
- Winners will be announced first week of the month.
Contest Information: Alpine’s yard of the month contest will be held during the months of May, June, July, August and September. Once an application is submitted, applicants will be eligible for the entire remaining length of the contest; however, monthly applications will be accepted prior to the 15th of each applicable month. Applications may be submitted to Building Services Attn: Code Enforcement, 309 W. Sul Ross Ave, Alpine Tx. 79830 or emailed to email@example.com
Property must be within the corporate limits of the City of Alpine. Judging will be conducted from the street/public right-of-way only. City employees are not eligible to participate in this contest.
2) Flowers should appear healthy and in good condition, Wild flowers are acceptable. Bushes and trees should also be well maintained.
3) All structures (homes, outbuildings, porches, patios fences) should be in good repair. House numbers should be displayed attractively.
4) There should be no inoperable/nonmoving vehicles in driveway or yard. The yard should be free of litter, junk and debris.
5) Extra consideration may be given to properties with creative use of yard décor (i.e. potted plants, mailbox design, hanging baskets, outdoor artwork).
1) During the months of May, June, July and August a winner will be chosen from each of the five City of Alpines wards. Each monthly winner will receive a $50 gift card / certificate and be eligible for the Grand Prize. A yard sign will be placed in the yard.
2) Two overall prize winners chosen from the five ward winners will be awarded a $100 gift card/certificate in the month of September.
3) Yard of the month Grand Prize winners will be invited to the first Council meeting of October to receive a certificate of recognition from the Alpine City Council.
4) Each yard of the month ward winner will receive a yard of the month sign for display in their yard for the month. At the end of September, a City representative will collect the yard sign.
5) Winners will receive recognition on the City of Alpine’s website.