Notice to Irrigators and Irrigation Contractors regarding new rules adopted by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for Landscape Irrigation
The new rules and other related information may be viewed online at the TCEQ website at:
Because the rules require municipalities to verify compliance, irrigation contractors should be aware that additional items will need to be submitted to the City of Alpine at the time of permit application, including, but not limited to:
Two (2) detailed plans, drawn to scale, no larger than 11”x17” paper that include the following:
- The irrigators seal, signature, and date of signing.
- All major physical features and the boundaries of the areas to be watered.
- A North arrow.
- A legend.
- The zone flow measurement for each zone.
- Location and type of each.
b) Sensor (rain, freeze) location, type, and size of each
c) Water source, such as, but not limited to a water meter and points of connection.
d) Backflow prevention device.
e) Water emission device, including, but not limited to spray heads, rotary sprinkler heads, quick-couplers, bubblers, drip, or micro sprays.
f) Valves, including, but not limited to, zone valves, master valves, and isolation valves.
g) Pressure regulation component and main line and lateral piping.
h) The scale used and design pressure.
Prior to inspection, the following shall be provided:
- A signed and sealed statement of compliance on the Irrigation Contractors letterhead shall be submitted to the city stating:
“This irrigation system has been installed in accordance with all applicable State and Local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and orders. I have tested the system and determined that it has been installed according to the irrigation plan and is properly adjusted for the most efficient application of water at this time”.
- Backflow test results submitted by TCEQ certified backflow testing agency submitted to the city on forms provided by the city.
State Law prohibits new and existing irrigation systems to discharge water onto paved surfaces such as streets, sidewalks and driveways.