Geoffrey R. Calderon is Alpine's 17th City Secretary. To view the history of those who have served in this role, please visit History of the City Secretary.
Geoffrey R. Calderon
Alexandra L. Tackett
Phone: (432) 837-3301
Cell: (432) 538-2002
Fax: (432) 837-2024
City Hall Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
100 N 13th St
Alpine, Texas 79830
The City Secretary provides Legislative and Administrative support to the Mayor and Council while responsible for the following:
- Board and Commission Appointment Process: Recruitment, Applications, and Training. The City Secretary is the Boards and Commissions Liason for the City Council.
- Serves as Custodian of City Records: Maintenance and Preservation.
- Serves as the City's Chief Elections Officer.
- Serves as Records Management Officer (RMO) overseeing the Records Management Program and the Public Information Requests.
- Serves as the Public Information Officer and is responsible for official communications of the City including Public Relations, maintenance of the City website, Digital Media, and Publications.
- Oversees the Audio/Visual Production of City Council Meetings.
- Facilitates the Preparation of Council Meeting Agendas, Packets, and Minutes.
- Processes alcoholic beverage permit requests and collects beverage occupancy tax from establishments annually.
- Processes Short Term Rental Special Use Permit requests and oversees compliance with City ordinances.
Businesses that wish to apply for a liquor license/beer permit from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission are required to obtain the City Secretary's signature on the form. The signature is obtained after completing the permit process.
The City Secretary ensures the City's Elections are being conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and the City Charter including:
- Coordination with Brewster County Elections Administration for General/Special Elections
- Serve as Filing Authority of Candidate Applications, Candidate and Officeholder Campaign Finance Contribution/Expenditure Reports
- Drafting and Reviewing Ballot Information, Notice of Election, Ordinance(s) Calling the Election, Translation of Election Documents
- Posting and Publishing Legal Notices, Election Notices
- Monitoring the Vote Totals on Election Day
See the City ELECTIONS page.
CITY RECORDS (PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUESTS)
The City Secretary is the Custodian of all Public Records, including the preservation and maintenance of contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and minutes. The City Secretary also serves as the City's Records Management Officer (RMO). The RMO facilitates responses to all Public Information Requests.
Find more information about PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUESTS.
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS AND MINUTES
The City Secretary coordinates, schedules, and attends all City Council Meetings. To view City Council Meeting documents, please select from the options below:
View all City Council Agendas.
View all City Council Minutes.